Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn RELEASES SOON

A place where anyone can chat about absolutely anything! Diablo 3? Other MMO's? Battlefield 3? You have an opinion of something? I'm sure we can start an argument over it!

Moderators: Directors, Managers, CEO

Tiny Ozora

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn RELEASES SOON

Postby Tiny Ozora » 2013 08 19, 00:47

For those who care for massively multiplayer games which are not horrible space games, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn releases on the 27th of August.

This is a rerelease of Final Fantasy XIV which was a dismal failure and caused the entire development team to be sacked and replaced. This is the remake with a new graphics engine, updated story...hell they changed just about everything but the classes and a few other things.

I for one will be playing and I am seeking any other interested parties that wish to participate as well. Or if you are part of a larger FF XIV community, any suggestions on an active group to join with would be appreciated.

Being in Japan for the next 9 months will limit my US play time but I hope to be back in the states by summer next year at the latest.

Chaplin Veiga

Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn RELEASES SOON

Postby Chaplin Veiga » 2013 08 19, 04:17

I'll wait to find out if they added jumping. When I played FF XIV when it was first released, and I couldn't hop down a 6 inch ledge, I was asking wtf? That was just one of it's many many problems. In my opinion, anyone who wasted money on the first release should get the current one free, especially since it's just them "finishing" the original game.

Tiny Ozora

Postby Tiny Ozora » 2013 08 19, 04:45

There is indeed jumping in FFXIV:ARR. I've been playing beta :happyjump:

Cloud StrifeUK

Postby Cloud StrifeUK » 2013 09 19, 17:24

Is this really worth getting? the first FF mmo i played was...how to put it...."shite and not even a final fantasy feeling game" whats ya thoughts on this game compared to the real ff games?
ImageImage

Tiny Ozora

Postby Tiny Ozora » 2013 09 22, 10:56

FF XIV and FF XI are not the same as a linear game that one finds with a standard console single-player RPG. For me, it is an MMO that gives you plenty of options with what you want to do when you log in. It does not center on just getting the best gear or leveling up your 'main'. This is due in part that your one character has the ability to do every 'class'/crafting/gathering option in the game without having to make a new character.

In fact I read a really good article today from Massively that more eloquently explains my own feelings towards this game.
http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/09/20/why-i-play-final-fantasy-xiv/?a_dgi=aolshare_facebook

Return to “Out of Eve”